Christina Maria Morgan-Diaz Bio At The Praise Café
With an angelic face and an incredibly dynamic voice, Christina Morgan-Diaz surprises her fans with the soulfulness of artists long since passed. Reminiscent of legendary songstresses Etta James and Aretha Franklin, and fused with the subtly and refinement of Roberta Flack and Celine Dion,
Christina represents a modern version of today’s contemporary gospel artist – vibrant and youthful,
but steeped in the traditional influences of delta infused gospel music which has been a part of her
As an aspiring young artist, Christina began her singing career in the youth Choir of her church and high school band in the very ethnically diverse neighborhood of Queens, New York. Her musical style can be traced to her upbringing. As the only child to parents of Colombian and Italian/Irish heritage, Christina experienced a lot of emotional pain at a very early age while witnessing her mother’s mental illness which was a source of heartache. Inspired by poetry and mentors Ossie Davis and Ruby Dee, Christina was musically influenced by the joys and challenges from her early life. Her beautiful interpretations of songs caused chills and surprised reactions from audiences. Wise beyond her years, Christina’s mature voice captures the essence of each note resonating with the truth of her deep understanding of our human experience. Christina has been able to share her musical gift with diverse audiences in a variety of venues including:
● Featured singing artist in the 2017 Gospel Image Awards held in Charlotte, NC honoring Grammy
award winning artist Dr. Bobby Jones;
● Vocalist with the Ron Crichlow Ensemble (RCE) gospel group on the ABC network show “The
Chew Show” in both 2016 and 2011 and Dr. Oz Show in 2010.
● Back-up vocalist with Christ Tabernacle Choir for the Katinas at IZOD Center in NJ in 2009
● Featured soloist ministering to over 300 women in the Dominican Republic at their annual
Levántate Mujer (Women Arise) Conference in 2008.
● Back-up vocalist with the Christ Tabernacle choir for Hezekiah Walker at the Harvest ‘08 Concert at
Madison Square Garden.
● Finalist for the New York Artist contest, hosted by legendary hip-hop artist, Kurtis Blow in 2005.
● Featured artist for the Hope Rising Benefit Concert in New York supporting orphans living in the
slums of India in 2009.
● “I Need More” single reached top 150 Independent Airplay and top 200 Global Airplay charts.
● Nominated for the Kindred Ministries Best New Artist and Best Christmas Cover song 2021.
As a classically trained vocalist, Christina is a graduate from the American Musical and Dramatic
academy (AMDA) and has a musical theatre BFA from New School University where she also
obtained a certificate in Drama Therapy. In addition, she also has a Masters in Mental Health
Counseling at Nyack College’s Alliance Graduate School of Counseling. These academic
accomplishments have contributed to Christina’s overall ability to interpret her musical selections in a
way that is both empowering and healing for audience members.
Christina is currently a lead worship leader and a member of Evangel Church in Queens, New York. Her commitment, creativity and vocal abilities have been recognized and applauded by her fellow church members and community. She has also helped to lead worship for the Dance Project Bible Ministry’s annual worship gathering and has led a workshop in drama and dance therapy. Christina has been invited to sing in areas throughout the East coast. Christina Morgan-Diaz is committed to using her divinely inspired spiritual gifts and vocals to serve and to minister to those in need.